There are several home remedies of getting rid of pimples and solving other skin problems, and toothpaste is one of them.
Most of the people wouldn’t expect that toothpaste can be a perfect home remedy, but there are several reasons why it works. Though, to make it work the right way to dry pimples, you should also use some simple methods.
This is an ancient method, and hence there are chances that you have applied toothpaste on pimples at some point. With all the doubts that are in the market, most of the people would claim that toothpaste doesn’t work on pimples.
However, Dr Rebecca Baxt and Dr Neal Schultz, both of who are New York-based dermatologists cleared the wave saying toothpaste has some properties that can help.
They concurred that toothpaste has certain ingredients that are perfect in this case. It contains some elements that make pimples to dry, which include;
- Baking Soda
- Essential Oils
Additionally, the doctors said that there’s no one ingredient in toothpaste that makes it more effective than others. They also noted that Baking soda is one of the leading reasons why this works.
Although there’s no satisfactory evidence from laboratories that warrants the use of toothpaste on your skin, it is a very effective method. Though there are some of the dermatologists that don’t support this practice, most of them say that toothpaste is meant to be used on teeth, and hence, it may have some issues when applied otherwise.
Toothpaste may end up irritating the skin or even making the skin dry out hard but it will actually help dry the pimples, and lastly, they will fade off. Although this method is an excellent method of solving this skin problem at home, some sources say it’s not a recommended method because of the possibilities of peeling, redness and irritation.
You May Like; TREATS YOU CAN HAVE BEFORE MORNING WORKOUT
4 Simple Ways of Applying Toothpaste to Treat Pimples
If you are struggling with pimples and at the same time want to solve this problem at home, you can use toothpaste, although you have to bear in mind some possible side effects such as irritation, peeling and redness.
To make it work for you, you should apply it the right way. Here we have four best ways to use toothpaste the right direction.
1. Direct Application
The first thing is that you should do. You have to start by making sure your skin is clean and fresh.
If you apply it on dirty skin, then there will be more problems. This is a standard practice even when you are using your natural face products.
Washing your face ensures that there’s no dirt or excess oil when you are applying toothpaste. You can use warm water to wash your face and eventually dry it correctly.
How to Use?
- After your skin is clean and dry, then squeeze some paste from the tube and apply it correctly on the affected areas
- After this, leave it to settle for about 30 minutes and later wash using normal water
- Do this recurrently until the problem is solved entirely
2. Toothpaste and Baking Powder
The other perfect method is to use toothpaste and baking powder.
How to Use?
- Take one teaspoon of baking powder and some toothpaste
- Mix it properly and leave it for about 2 minutes
- Clean your face as you wait and make sure it’s dried perfectly
- After that, apply the paste on your skin and leave it overnight
- In the next morning, wake up and wash your face with lukewarm water.
There’s no set way of applying it, and hence you can also leave it for just 30 minutes and wash.
3. Salt and Toothpaste
Salt has some properties that can combine effort with toothpaste to solve this problem once and for all.
How to Use?
- Take a pinch of salt, toothpaste and a small mixing bowl
- Mix the two ingredients perfectly
- Now clean your face and apply the paste
- Leave it to settle for about 30 minutes and later wash it off with lukewarm water
4. Lemon and Toothpaste
Lastly, this is the method that I am going to talk about. We all know lemon has some of the best properties that can work correctly, especially when dealing with pimples.
How to Use?
- Mix lemon juice with some toothpaste and mix perfectly
- After that, wash your face and apply the paste on affected areas
- Leave it to settle overnight and wash it off in the morning
Lastly, I’d like to say that use these remedies, and you will see good results. If you liked this article, then don’t forget to share it.