For a business to thrive, many factors ranging from production to marketing to customer service have to go hand in hand. One of the factors that play a major role in the usage of IT infrastructure and the internet for promoting and marketing the business.
Network connectivity is crucial for daily operations to run without any delays and glitches. There are many ways to connect to the internet to share information. Depending on the volume of the business, the budget, and the requirements of the enterprise, it can choose which type of network connection to opt for.
Enterprises that are looking to stay updated in the market and have an edge over competitors should opt for fiber optics internet connection. In this blog, we will see what fiber optics is and what advantages it offers to the enterprises when compared to other methods of internet connectivity.
Fiber Optic Internet For Business
We all are aware of the basic concept of how data and information is transferred from one device to another through cables. The fiber optics cable is made from extremely thin strands of plastic or glass that are known as optical fibers. Imagine something that is around one-tenth of the thickness of your hair strand. This single strand is capable of carrying around 25,000 telephone calls. When a bunch of them are clubbed to create a fiber optics cable, it is easy to see why it is powerful and reliable.
While some enterprises are eager and have already upgraded to using Fiber Optics Internet For Business, others are still trying to work out the investment and return ratio to decide if t is worth the move. We have listed the advantages of using fiber optics to help the enterprise make better decisions and improve their business.
Speed Of The Internet Connection
- Fiber optics are faster than the high-speed copper connection. The speed ranges between 5Mbps to 100Gbps, depending on the requirement of the business.
- It has been noticed that slower internet speed has not just reduced productivity but also resulted in unhappy employees.
- Happy employees tend to be more productive. When the internet speed matches their working speed or is higher, they get the work done at a greater speed with increased efficiency.
Reliability Of The Connection
- Compared to all the other cables, fiber optics is the most reliable. This is simply because a fiber optics cable is stronger than a copper cable.
- It is not susceptible to the changes in the weather and is also resistant to electrical and human interference. Unless the cable is damaged, nothing else can pretty much stop it from transmitting data.
Access To The Cloud
- Cloud is now an important part of every business. From hosting the IT infrastructure to providing customer services, everything is dependent on the cloud.
- Fiber optics provide the required speed and bandwidth that makes it easy to access the cloud and use the software hosted there.
- With fiber optics, enterprises will see fewer delays in their work which translates for improved business and greater returns.
Strength Of The Signal
- The main difference between fiber optics and other copper cables or DNS connections is that the strength of the signal does not vary as the user moves away from the device.
- This is a boon for large organizations where employees are spanned over a wide area and require the same speed to get the job done on time.
- Though fiber optics is not entirely unlimited, it offers a greater bandwidth compared to other internet connections.
- Video conferencing, high-speed data transmissions, sharing a huge amount of information, etc. can be easily done using Fiber Optic Internet for Business.
- The speed of data transfer doesn’t depend on the amount of data that is being shared.
- Cable tapping and other similar methods have made it easy for hackers to get access to the information that is being shared through the cables.
- Fiber optics has an edge over copper cables as it is impossible to penetrate the fiber optic strands. The only way to sabotage the connectivity is to physically cut the cables and render them ineffective.
- When combined with other methods of data security, fiber optics does its bit to ensure that confidential information is not leaked or accessed by hackers.
- Though investing in fiber optics is costly, enterprises will see that there are many long term benefits of moving over to fiber optics.
- When the internet connection is fast, reliable, and secure, productivity increases, directly resulting in increased returns.
Enterprises can reduce traveling expenses by using video conferencing. To conclude, we can assure enterprises that fiber optics offer a wide array of advantages to take the business to the next level in the market.