HP printers are used worldwide due to their good and high-end performance, consistency, and security. But many times, users come across errors like HP printer won’t print, paper jam and others due to several reasons such as missing or out-of-date drivers, erroneous connections, wrong configurations in Windows, etc. Below are the few fixes users need to walk through to resolve the HP printer won’t print issue.
Check HP Printer Status
- Ensure that your printer paper tray fills with papers. Check if any document stocks in the dish. If you found any article remove it immediately.
- Check your toner or ink level. You can quickly check the status of ink in the new HP printers.
Stop All HP Printer Jobs
Clear all stuck print jobs on your HP Printer
Sometimes printing task or responsibilities gets stuck in the print queue, which occurs issue and leads to HP printer won’t print item. Hence, try to clear all the printing jobs from the line; it might help resolve the discussed issue.
Follow Below-Given Steps To Clear The Print Jobs.
- Browse to Windows Control Panel and choose “Devices and Printers”.
- Find your HP Printer from the list of printing devices, ensure that you choose the troubled printer.
- Now right tap on that printer and select “See what’s printing”.
- When the page opens the “Printer” menu, choose the “Open as Administrator.”
- Open the “Printer” and select them again and click on “Cancel All Documents”.
- Now confirm you want to clear all documents in the print line by choosing “Yes.”
- Attempt to rerun a print from the HP printer to check the status of the printer.
Update HP Printer Driver
Updating drivers may be the need of your printer. Check for the latest printer drivers by browsing the HP printer official website.
Download HP Printer Drivers
- Open your default browser and go to “https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers “
- Select the type of your product from the list.
- After you tap on the printer, type the model number in the box.
- Ensure that you are signed in to download drivers
- The list of the driver will appear to download, choose the drivers carefully which are best for your device
- Tap on the “download” button
- Save the file on your device.
- Install drivers with on-screen instructions.
Set Your HP Printer as Default Printer
Check if you are sending your print jobs to the wrong printer
When users send a print command, Windows will send it to the default printer. If your printer fails to receive your leadership, it could be possible that your printer is not set as a default printer.
Let’s Have A Look And Ensure That Your HP Is Default Printer.
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and choose “Devices and Printers
- Find your HP Printer in the list, right tap on the printer and choose “Set as default printer. Now click on “Yes”.
- If you see the green checkmark icon on your printer, it means that your printer is set as default.
In case you need help from experts, dial the HP printer support phone number. Experts will resolve printer won’t print issue effortlessly.